This grant is not open for new applications.
A diverse range of 23 projects were successful in receiving Increasing Resilience to Climate Change (IRCC) community grant funding from 148 applications. The recipients included community groups from across NSW including regional areas such as Armidale, Walgett, the Far North Coast, Shoalhaven, Southern Tablelands and Albury.
This grant funding to support communities to increase resilience to climate change was worth a total value of $615,659. All projects were completed by March 2022.
Several of the grant projects featured on AdaptNSW include a short video case study showcasing the people and communities behind the projects. For the full list of video case studies, see the AdaptNSW playlist.
The following resources are outputs of community projects funded through the IRCC program:
- A Vision for Climate Action workbook includes ideas for climate mitigation and resilience in the Port Macquarie-Hastings region. Developed by the Centre for Ecological Learning.
- An open source of information including reports, research results and draft plans gives insights into one communities consultation journey to provide future water security. Developed by Z-NET Uralla Shire.
- The Hawkesbury Resilience Map is an interactive map that identifies climate resilience projects run by local groups and organisations in the Hawksbury region. Developed by Hawkesbury City Council.
- This YouTube playlist features a number of videos relevant to farmers looking to adapt the management of their farms to our changing climate. Developed by the Bowning Bookham Landcare group.
- This video is a 25 minute lesson on native tree planting. It presents information on the different tools and techniques to successfully plant native trees. Developed by the Arimdale Tree Group.
- This webinar 'Trees for tomorrow' will teach you about trees and climate change. Watch the full webinar and explore the list of resources provided for further credible information. Developed by Small Farms Network Capital Region.
- A comprehensive booklet aimed at landowners in the Northern Rivers to provide information on how to adapt their gardens and properties to the impacts of climate change. Developed by Brunswick Valley Landcare.
- This website provides an abundance of resources on many topic including climate change, erosion, agriculture and native plants. Developed by the Mid Coast 2 Tops Landcare Connection.
Net zero and sustainability
- A step-by-step e-book guide to starting a buying group. Developed by Head Heart and Hands.
- Be The Change Northern Rivers podcast episode presented by Saoirse Chu in discussion with ecopsycologist, Eshana Bragg on eco-anxiety.
- This website has resources available in 7 different languages to support people from migrant and refugee communities to take practical steps to reduce their environmental impact and respond to climate change. Developed by Metro Assist.
- This presentation showcases the work happening with Landcare and First Nations people across the NSW. Developed by Landcare Australia.
- This website has a wide range of resources for teachers, students, and everyone! Including fact sheets on native plants and animals, student activity books and stories and teaching resources to support learning about Australia's First People. Developed by Wirraminna Environmental Education Centre.